How would you respond?

I have a friend (she had no kids) that I've known since highschool who likes to make kind of snarky comments about me not having a life other then my kids. I'll admit it's true, but it doesn't really bother me. Anyway I have a facebook and I posted on it how excited I am to get my new cloth diapers I ordered! She left me a comment saying "wowwww don't sound too much like a mom...." I'm not sure how to respond. I don't want to cause a fight but I would like to say something back without sounding rude. Honestly, I think it's just hard for her because I'm such a different person now that I have children and I think it's hard for her to relate to me now. She also moved across country about a year ago and we haven't seen each other since then, so we mostly communicate online which also makes thinks a little strained.

What would you say?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I would say..."That's because I am a mom and super proud of it!" "Maybe one day you'll understand."
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have one of those too.She's a "never having them" woman,so she has no clue what its like to be a mom.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would say to her that the two of you have nothing in common anymore.
    When and if she ever becomes a mom she will see where you are coming from.
    Try not to lose so much of yourself because you are a mom though..it is always good and
    healthy to take some me time...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know how you feel I got prego in high school and I have a friend who has no children and she is in collage now and she always seems to have smart a** remarks to make to me about how "I decided to have a family" and "she decided to further her education" so while "she is making the big bucks im at a local bar making barley nothing with two children." One day I got so mad I told her "Just because I decided to have my familly out of high school and go to work instead of collage that doesnt mean U are any better than ME and if you cont. to insult me I will have no choice to STOP talking to you until you can grow up." She hasnt said one negative thing to me since!
    Point of story just tell her how you feel!
    MandMSMOMMY0607

Answer by MandMSMOMMY0607 at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'd say yeah my title is in fact mom and damn proud!
    MAMAMISTY33

Answer by MAMAMISTY33 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I dont know about hand me down diapers but Id be glad to save some of my prize children things for you when you enter the mommyhood group! Im so sure you will be as extatic as I am! thats what Id say!
    Anonymous

• I would just say, "Well silly, I AM a mom, I think I should sound like one. =]"
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 2:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I like the "Well I AM a mom so how else would I sound?" suggestions. I know you don't want to be rude but I would post something like "And what does B***h sound like?" But that's just me.
    Anonymous

• Sometimes silence says it all...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009