is it bad to have a drink while your kids are awake?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• heck no. I drank almost a quart of water one time when the kids were sitting right beside me watching tv! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 3:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't think one drink is bad. If you're down right drunk that's a different story.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 2:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's bad to have A drink. To get wasted...yes! That would be bad and irresponsible. IMO
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 2:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• A drink? No it's not bad but it's another thing to get plastered while they are awake or even asleep. As long as you can control yourself I see no problem. I occasionally have a cold one when the kids go to bed.
    Anonymous

• as long as u r not getting completely sauced!!!!
    Anonymous

• what do you think? only you have to deal with the conquences or actions of drinking with the kids awake. It doesnt matter to us if you drink around ur kids. Who knows I could be drunk right now!
    at the end of the day can u look ur self in the mirror and be ok with drinking aroung ur kids?
    Its all up to u
    Anonymous

• If there is another adult home who isn't drinking I get wasted. Never in front of kids though.
    Anonymous

• OP here, I don't think it's bad. I think it's weird when people say they only have a drink after the kids go to bed. LOL!
    Anonymous

• depends. i mean if you are getting trashed hten ya but like heck even how i grew up you go to the lake for camping a bbq or just hanging out at home with a bunch of friendspeople always drank aa couple beers around us . but noone ever got drunk . being drunk with your kids is im sorry stupid but having a drink no i dotn think it is bad . heck my grandma drinks a margarita at lunch all the time ever with the kids . when we go out to lunch of course .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• A drink or so, no, its not bad. Getting drunk in front of your kids, that's bad. I drink a margarita now and then at home and my kids don't know a thing.
    kbates1208

Answer by kbates1208 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009