Where is every one going?

There are TONS of empty (mostly foreclosed) houses around my street and connecting streets. People have to live some where and I know there aren't more apartment buildings or complexes than before. So where is every one going?

MythicMMM

Asked by MythicMMM at 2:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Shelters, moving in with family, renting smaller homes/apartments? Lots of possibilities.. It is really sad to see so many people losing their home, and the majority of those people who have lost their homes due to foreclosure are really good people who worked hard and got laid off. :(

BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Where do you live? A report came out this morning that listed only 4 states as truly having housing problems ( per d.ramsey) and the rest of the nation was stable.
    I would assume they were all going to homeless shelter, family's houses, mom or dad's, inlaws, or into a cheap rental or governement housing.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 2:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Haven't you seen the tent cities popping up? Thats where they are. Sad.

Some cities are having problems with RVs-I think in California-people are going there bc its warm and parking their RVs on the sides of the neighborhood streets.

its sad.
    Anonymous

• Where my parents live, (In rural Missouri) there are so many empty houses. I don't know if they are foreclosed, but they are empty. It's so weird...

Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Ohh yeah I forgot about the tent cities! Last I heard there were thousands of people moving into those.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 2:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yup-mostly along railroads-city officials are actually evicting. Where are they supposed to go?

Field hopping??
    Anonymous

• damn and i cant find a place to live imagine that.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• well here in vegas the houses are going empty but then you look at the apartments and there are like 10 + in a 2 bedroom . honeslty usually smells like pot around the apartments too .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• "honeslty usually smells like pot around the apartments too ."

LOL okay?
    Anonymous

• I live in Cleveland Ohio Akin, one one of the harder hit places. there are actually streets here that have 7 out of 12 houses empty. I see many dozens of them on my walk to the corner store. There are a heck of a lot of people without homes in less than a 3 square block radius. That is why I was wondering where every one is.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2009