first time mom... help...

so my daughter is three weeks old, she is always a great eater, never really spits up and is such a good baby.... but today she has been throwing her food up.... not the whole bottle but she has been throwing up her food and unless im holding her, she is just very whiny and fussy, I feel so bad like she doesnt feel good.... .... but i took her temp and she has a temp, 99 -100.00 .... just wondering if i should wait until her doc apt this wensday and see how she does or call in?....

if she continues to throw up tonight and into tomorrow morning than im going to call because i dont want her to get dehydrated .....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call the dr if i was u just to be safe. although it is such a low temp. also make sure to keep her hydrated. i was told to give my son pedialyte but 1 OZ pedialiye 1 OZ water
    TatymMommi

Answer by TatymMommi at 2:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would put a call in to the doctor. In the meantime, give her pedialyte just an ounce at the most at a time.
    Anonymous

• Given the age of your little one I would that her into the doctors. If you can try and get a clinic appointment its cheaper than the ED and you won't have to wait as long.
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 3:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• call the doctor fevers in babies that young can be very serious.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 4:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I gotta agree with everyone else. Since she is still so little, I would be overly cautious just to be safe. I wouldn't worry too much about the spitting up, but any fever is reason for concern.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 4:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my daughter did the same thing. and actually still does from time to time. try feeding her more often but less at a time. i found out i was over feeding my dd and her tummy couldnt hold it all. also babies have emotions just like you and i do. some days they want to be held other days they want to be left alone. if you are still worried about it and something just doesnt feel right to you then dont hesitate to call her dr. that is what they r there for. my motto... better safe than sorry. and you would be glad you called.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• also, with the temp. my DD's doc. said not to worry unless it was over 101. if it reached 101 i was to bring her to the hossy. it may also depend on your baby's birth, (how much sooner/later than due date, type of birth, any complications) and also how are you taking the temp. the best way to do it is in the butt. keep her feet together and over her head. and use jelly so it wont hurt her.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 12:00 AM on Apr. 21, 2009