have you tried a separation from your dh or so?

My DH and I are having some marrital problems this morning we where on the verge of divorce and I had started packing my things and was getting ready to go talk to my lawyer. I love my DH very much and he loves me to we ended up talking it out and decided to try a separation for awhile. I will stay in the house so I can still do my daycare and he will move into his uncles for awhile. We decided we love eachother to much just to call it quits but he will come over everyday so we can talk to eachother and we might even try therapy.

I was wondering if anyone else has tried a separation and it worked for them, or if its just going to be a loss cause and their is no need in trying. I want things to work, but I dont want to drag it on if it doesnt. Please Help Thanks Ladies!!

saysha100687

Asked by saysha100687 at 2:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I never have and never will. I will always stay. I made a commitment and I intend to keep it. I believe marriage is a job you have to work at everyday to make it successful and happy. I love my husband to much to give up on us. I don't believe seperations ever really work anyway.
    I hope everything works out for you.
    SoKamele

Answer by SoKamele at 3:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well, I'm not married and never have been, BUT me and my SO separated for about four months or so because of a drug problem he developed. He got over it eventually obviously, and things ended up being alright. It was hard, but we got through it. I know how things can be hard even though I'm young and not married, BUT things DO get better. They just always get worse first =[
    Good luck!!! =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I stayed married for ten years by taking breaks (separations) like that! Sometimes we just need a break. We'd still be married if he didn't start hitting. I have an SO now and we too take breaks. It keeps things fresh and we get along great this way.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Nope, the Navy takes care of that for us...lol. I would suggest therapy, both together and as an individual. It sounds like yall want to work it out, but dont have the tools to do so. Get some help, and dont give up. Where there's a will there's a way. Too many people throw their marriages away, do everything you can to save yours.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I've been married 21 years and its tough being married...you are two seperate individuals trying to work on marriage and it gets difficult at times...sometimes you feel like giving up and going it alone but you know that you love each other and you work it out for the best...remember that what works in one marriage, doesn't necessarily mean that it will work in your marriage...you must weigh the risk factors of what a seperation will cause your marriage...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 4:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2009