• In the Spotlight:

"Saved"

What does it mean to be "saved"? Do you believe that being "saved" means you automatically go to Heaven? No matter what you do after that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yes I do!!
    Anonymous

• No, to be saved is to accept Christ into your life and stray away from sin. Will we sin, yes! No one is perfect, but we're supposed to do our very best not to sin. I don't believe in the "once saved, always saved".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Even if you murder someone after you are "saved"?
    Anonymous

• Yeah, but it still seems like a free pass. I was raised Catholic and you had to at least go to confession. But you should really live your life well and try to not mess up, and be sorry when you do mess up.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 3:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• no I absolutely don't believe that is true. That is the stupidest thing any one can ever believe in my opinion. Read something else besides the bible & gain some other kind of knowledge & you'll realize that, that whole idea is just idiotic.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Technically-if you repent and ask god for forgiveness-than yes. But I don't see how child molesters and murders could do it.........
    Anonymous

• samurai chica...I'm assuming she was asking about the Christian definition of being "saved".
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If you are saved, you accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. I don't believe that "once saved always saved". If you renounce Jesus, and turn away from him, then you are no longer saved and will have to once again accept him into your heart to regain salvation.

If you make a mistake, but still accept Jesus, and you ask forgiveness, then yes you are still saved - regardless of what that mistake is. No "sin" is bigger than any other sin in God's eyes.

He loves EVERYONE and accepts you just as you are - regardless of what any church or preacher tells you. As a friend of mine once said - He loves you and there's nothing you can do about it.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i know, i was answering to "do you believe that being saved means you automatically go to heaven"
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am saved. I know i can be forgiven of my sins now, but that does not mean i can forget self control, and commit any sin available.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009