I'm gonna be a mom at 16, any advice or help on what to do?

I'm so scared about being a mom at 16, im afraid that i wont do something right or that i wont be able to handle it. I'm really excited but the father doesn't want anything to do with my baby boy when he's born.

mommy2be716

Asked by mommy2be716 at 3:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Thats sad............
    Anonymous

• then dont worry abou thte a$$ hole . forget him . trust me you are better off . i was 17 when i had my first and wow lol youd be amazed . you can do it . just do your best to finish school if you have family that are close and willing to helo take the help but dont take advantage of them try to do it your self trust me you can . it will be hard no doubt but it is possible. if you ever need someone to talk to im here.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm sure you will be fine with all the love and support from your family and friends. It won't be easy but at least you will have them. Just please stay in school and finish.

Anonymous

• Well anon, aren't you just Freaking ray of sunshine!?

I was 19 when I had my son and he has never met his dad and he is 13 now. Just do your best and love him and read everything available to you. reasearch and i'm sure everything will be fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• any help look at abortion is for sissys group. God Bless You-get wic
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 3:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Too late now to be scared. I hope you have a loving family that will support your choices. Most of all Love, nurture, care, support that baby with all you've got because that baby is going to need you in FULL. Good luck to you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 3:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• All I can say is, dont focus on yourself or the father, focus on your baby.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 3:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My advice is to finish school and continue your education even after that. You'll have one income raising your child and you will want to have more than a highschool/GED education. Use the support you have like parents, older siblings, grandparents, aunts, uncles...everyone. Seek out scholarships for single mothers...there are so many that can help you succeed without worrying about the money.
    Take him to court asap for child support because even though he doesnt want anything to do with the child, he doesnt have a choice, ha!
    Hold your head up high and know that you are a good mother.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah you will need a job to pay for that baby, so if you dnt have one get one and soon.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 3:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Read all you can about how to raise a child so that you know what to expect and what to do when things happen. Get job training so that you can provide for the baby. You may be entitled to child support from the father, but that won't be enough to support you and the child. Study how to shop wisely so that you get the best prices. It will be tough for a while until you get some income and a steady job. After a while you should finish your high school diploma if you haven't already. Work hard, put the baby first, and you'll be fine.

Answer by Bmat at 3:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009