Anyone with an IUD:

i have the 5 year IUD and i been bleeding for alomst 2 weeks! is this normal? it kinda heavey. Thanks everyone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had mine put in on the 24 of last month and I'm still bleeding. I'm not sure if it's normal or not. The nurse at my dr's isn't in until tomorrow so I'm calling then. Sorry I'm not much help
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had the paraguard IUD first and I bled for 3 months (nonstop!) It sucked. I ended up having it taken out because I was having major problems from it (after about a year and a half of suffering) I now have the Mirena IUD and it isn't much better. I am thinking that I am not cut out for an IUD! Good luck to you though!
    Anonymous

• yea i have Mirena also and i cant sleep on my stomach because it hurts it feels sore. I had mine put in the 31 of last month
    Anonymous

• Mirena does that...the 5 year one is Mirena btw...paragard is good for 10 years
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have the mirena and I bled about that long after I got it put in and I had on kinda normal period after that but I still think it was brought on by stress( my DS was in the hospital for surgery when I had it so) but since then I have spotted a few times but nothing like I used to and I have no real problems.. I cramp every once in awhile but nothing major
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I bled for three months too. I've had it for almost 7 months now, and my period is still pretty whacked out
    Anonymous