At what age did you take the sippy cups away?

Asked by bailey0919 at 4:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Well my daughter is 2 yrs and 5 months still got the sippy. lol! my son is 13 months and still has the sippy and the bottle. lol!! so no help from me sorry. but my 2yr old does drink well out of a glass but we mostly do the cup when in public or in the car less spills.
    good luck!

Answer by 1boy1girl4me at 4:59 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When they could use a cup without drowning themselves or my floor

Answer by swaites2003 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My kids had no sippys after 3. My youngest will be 3 in july and already hasnt been on the sippy for 6mo. Use cups with straws instead.

Answer by pebbles86 at 5:13 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• We took the sippy cup away at just under 2, because he does just fine with a small cup. He likes to get his own water from the fridge dispenser. and I think it is good for him not to be sucking on the thing all day.

Answer by Simonsmama at 5:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My DS is 22 months, and still has a sippy (no bottles though). Sometimes we will use the cups you can buy that have lids and straws (found in the isle with the sippy cups). Those work ok, but as soon as he drops the cup, the lid pops off and it spills.

Answer by jamie8506 at 5:52 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• When they can drink w/o spilling everywhere. My niece is 4 and still has sippy cups. She can drink fine without a lid but my sis just hates messes so...

Answer by KCMom1 at 7:07 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try giving him/her a regular cup during meals. To see if he/she may be ready for the change.

Answer by christene at 9:34 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• I stoped the sippy cup at 3 my younger one was 2 because I stopped at the same time. They use big girl cups and when they still wanted their sippy they could only have water in it, that only lasted a couple weeks and now all they use is big girl cups.

Answer by mommygirls2 at 12:08 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My 4 year old son has not used a sippy cup at day care since he was 2. We just took the sippy cups away at home in April. HE drinks from a small cup at the kitchen table. Accidents do occur but fewer with more practice.

Answer by love4mikey at 9:37 PM on Jun. 22, 2008