If you wanted to join the army but...

your father whom was a Vietnam veteran forbade you to join would you still join any way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• i would join, if he was still alive i would take him with me to the recruiters so he can see the difference in things then and now. however since he has since passed away, i would speak to another family member about it, maybe ask for their blessing in your fathers place? your mom, brother uncle? or someone else in your family who has served at some point. that might make you feel a little bit less like you are betraying him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If that is something I wanted to do yes. You are an adult and are able to do as you like. You can listen to his advice but he can't make do or not do it.
    Anonymous

• Yep. I want to. My dad is SOOOO against it because I have a three year old. But my step dad who is a veteran thinks i should.... im thinking about it and will make my final decision next year =]`
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• But then again, it would depend on the situation. I just read the question again, and i thought about it a little more. He is probably thinking about how it was during that war. times are different now. you should try to educate him better on what its like now a days, maybe it'll sway his mind some =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• He has since passed away~ OP.
    Anonymous

• If I wanted to do it for more than just money than yes..... it IS your life.. if he disowned you it wouldn't be fair, you're proud of him right so why can't u make him proud?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009