I know I will get a lot of crap for this question but...

Sometimes when nothing else is on, I will watch the smutty Maury show. I've noticed that a lot of black women that come on to prove who their baby daddy is, always like to say that the man "hasn't bought no Pampers for their baby". LOL. What is the deal with them always saying Pampers? "No Pampers no clothes no nothin'!" There are other brands of diapers you know LOL. I'm really sorry if this is offensive to anyone. I'm really not trying to be mean I really am just curious. I use Pampers for my son but... Do a lot of black people just use Pampers? I just find it funny that none of them say Huggies, Luvs, or even just say diapers... It's ALWAYS Pampers. Every single time LOL.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh no you didn't!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I noticed that too, I acctually have a friend that says that LOL
    Anonymous

• LOL Ive noticed that too.
    I think its just a generic term since its a pretty popular brand that is well advertised. Kind of like some say Kleenex instead of tissue...kwim?
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It's just like saying Coke. It is a generic name to call diapers. My dad says Pampers and he just means any diaper. He's white.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It is like when people use the word Coke for any soda not just the name brand CocaCola. It is just a cultural dialect. What is the big deal?
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 3:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• OP: I was just curious. Not a big deal...
    Anonymous

• OMG get ready for the onslaught! I stopped watching Maury when all he started doing was paternity shows but I'll occasionally land on it when flippin the channels. I think it's so crazy when a girl is like "I'm 1000% sure he's the daddy!" And he's not. Of course they are prepped on what to say before the show. I know because my SO's coworker went on with an ex and he said they were telling them what to say before they went on. It's sad really how many girls go on there and don't find the dad. Poor children! The girls will be like, "he has his eyebrows!" "he has his ears!" Tragic.
    Anonymous

• LOL i noticed it too. And im not by ANY means racist. my SO's best friend is COMPLETELY black and damn proud. He's probably one of the funniest people ive ever met. He too says pampers, ALWAYS. Im not sure why "black people" say it like that though. But its not always black people. I know LOTS of "ghetto" WHITE girls that say it too. it cracks me up, in a good way =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• FOR MY DH CEREAL IS ALWAYS CHEERIOS.
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• lol anon :34 he has his eyebrows lol..... thats not something someone would NORMALLY notice... more like eyes or smile or hair color eyebrows... that made me giggle...
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 3:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009