One doctor told me June 22 now this doctor tells me May 22. Not carrying big. who should I trust?

This is so frustrating. Cause now I am nervous about going to labor early and I have to have a c section.

wolter09

Asked by wolter09 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why do you have to have a cesarean?

Go by your LMP, or the earliest u/s date. If they did a later u/s those dates are not accurate because genetics play a huge part in it.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Maybe get another opinion? Neither of my kids was born near their due date, so I don't put much stock into them.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• That is a big jump, did the say why there was such a large change in dates? I agree I would go by LMP, if possible get a second opinion before you have your c/s. Good Luck
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• exactly what celticreverie said. Later ultrasounds go by an average of what babies at that gestation measure. I had my first ultrsound and they tried to say I was 9 days behind what my LMP said but my doctor said my LMP was probably more correct, hopefully my kid will just be a 7lber!
    MacyLiamRoan

Answer by MacyLiamRoan at 4:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well, When i had my first son they told me that i was due July 19.. i had my son july 8 not by choice. I went into placenta rupture and my son was actually 3 weeks late. so i would def get another opinion.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies...the doctor ended up calling me later monday night and now I am in the hospital with gestational diabetes and a saculated uterus. They gave me a steroid shot this morning and will have another wednesday. So right now they are concerned the baby is getting big from the insulin it is storing and that my uterus might rupture. So thurs I get another ultra sound to see where we are at. If all looks well I can carry another 3wks or they will deliver c section by the end of the week for fear of a ruptured uterus. NICE Huh?
    wolter09

Answer by wolter09 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Geez! At least the doctor called you tho, shows your doc was concerned too. I hope all goes well and you deliver a healthy baby!
    MacyLiamRoan

Answer by MacyLiamRoan at 12:52 PM on Apr. 22, 2009

• Yes it is nice but you can imagine the emotional rollar coaster I am on at this moment. Not too fun. But what can you do? It is what it is.
    wolter09

Answer by wolter09 at 10:16 PM on Apr. 22, 2009