My son keeps taking his diaper off.

So my son when he goes down for a nap he decides to take off his pants and his diaper. But now after taking off his diaper he puts his pants back on. Has anyone else ever have to go through his and if so how did you deal with it? It's not something that is that bad but I am just a curious person.

Martinez86

Asked by Martinez86 at 3:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am sorry I just assumed he was potty trained he was only doing this for the reason I mention oh definately sit him on the toilet for 10 mins or so or just sit in there with him until he understands.
    When he goes pee he can sit and at the same time have him slightly push downward his private.
    and when he does go let him know you can hear it and praise him the reason I am suggesting the sitting position so when he learns to go poop he already knows how to position himself.
    And if he wants to stand try throwing 2-3 froot loop, cheerios etc into the toilet so he can aim at them and pee:)
    GL
    P.S. Sometimes it takes awhile for some kids to get it but atleast he will get the idea it could take 3-4 yrs. of age depends on the child, but don't rush it he will eventually get it just cherish the moments they grow up so fast.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know he is still very young to talk to him but you never know you might want to tell him no no you can not do this or you will mess up your pants/shorts. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• duct tape or safety pins work wonders.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• The funny thing is that I have told him that it is a no no but he still does it. I'm wondering if he is trying to tell me that he is ready to be potty trained. He sits on the seat with his clothes on but that's about it.
    Martinez86

Answer by Martinez86 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i think hes tellin you hes ready for big boy undies. try potty training him. get him some big boy underware and see how it goes.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• mine does this to.. theres not much i can say.. cause we just cant get the hang of it eather.. try to let him pee on himself and see what he does..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 4:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• He has peed on himself and sometimes he doesn't like it but sometimes he just sits in it.
    Martinez86

Answer by Martinez86 at 4:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Duct tape the diaper tabs if he's making a mess. Otherwise, consider potty training.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Thank you so much for all of your answers. I thought that he might be ready for potty training but I just wanted to know for sure. This is my first child so I really don't know but thank you so much for all of your input.
    Martinez86

Answer by Martinez86 at 4:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• two words... duct tape.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009