What ethnicity is your baby?

If you have a mixed baby (which is most people, I assume) what ethnicity is he/she? What box do you check when asked about his/her race? I ask because I am half Chinese/half Mexican and my DH is 1/4 Chinese and 3/4 caucasian. So that makes my daughter a whole bunch of stuff! I usually just tell people she's multi-racial. What is your son/daughter? I'm just curious as to how many other crazy mixes are out there!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am white as cotton,but only God knows what is really in me. lol
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 3:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• HISPANIC
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sorry,you mean my kids. lol They are I white also as far back as I can go ,but who knows ha ha.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Don't they have an other box???
    My LO is half balck and white. I just tell people that for now. I haven't had to fill out any boxes for him.
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 3:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm mixed black/white. my son is 1/4 black and 3/4 of a white mixture including, but not limited to Irish, Italian and polish.

the general box checking rule is that the child goes by their father's race. so because my father was black, I check African American. your daughter would probably check Caucasian like his father.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sorry* Her not his lol.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 3:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Our child will be from me spanish/cherokee and daddy is polish/german. that is a good question though.
    wolter09

Answer by wolter09 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My daughter is white (irish/italian) and panamanian. So I guess I would check white hispanic. I haven't had to yet.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I LOVE the "white as cotton" comment! rofl!!! I say my kids are so white they glow in the dark.

We all check the "white" box...but the kids are Irish, Native American and German from me (so don't piss me off! I might get drunk and try to take over the world! lol) and my husband is Irish, English and Norse as far back as he can trace.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My dd is spanish mexican swedish and Italian
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009