How much would it cost if I decided to put my 2 year old in daycare 3 times a week?

He's never been and is currently not potty trained.

Mom2Caleb06

Asked by Mom2Caleb06 at 3:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends if you want to go hourly or by day, my MIL charges $30 a day for toddlers and $5 an hour for toddlers. You also want to make sure you take him to a daycare that doesn't charge you for the whole week, that's what my MIL does and even if your child only goes 1 day you still have to pay for the whole week because you sign a contract and you obviously choose to go there. Anyways make sure you read everything because I've seen so many cases where people don't read and find out they owe the daycare A LOT of money for something they didn't want. Ask around and find the best place, but most likely they all charge around $30 a day for toddlers it's more for infants.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 3:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i live in VA we paid $95 a week for 2 days a week, 3 days would have been $120, this wasn't a home daycare it was a Child Time, which is a "franchise" type of center, so it was a mainstream place. I would call around to a bunch of places get quotes, find out whats covered (some don't cover food if you dont go full time etc...) My daughter was 2 at the time, however I was told if she wasn't potty trained by age 3 than she wouldn't be allowed to attend any longer b/c then they have to go to a diff room (they are seperated by age) and the 3 yr old room the children have to be potty trained. Most places will also give you a free day so you can check it out see if it works for you and your child, and most will allow you to observe for as long as you feel necessary to be comfy leaving your child there. I would reccomend a place that lets you observe (even if you don't you know they aren't trying to hide something) and that has CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• an open door policy meaning, you can come and go any time of day to check on your child, visit during your lunch or whatever. I found some places in my search that would not allow access after a certain time in the morning and before a certain time in the afternoon, there was no way in hell I was leaving my daughter somewhere where I couldn't come in any time I wanted to look in on her (they can't keep you from your kid I know that, but they didn't want parents to observe or to come during the day b/c they felt that a "strict schedule" works best for children.)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My DD4 and DS2 go to daycare/preschool 3x a week, it comes out to about $140 a week per child.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Well I would think it depends where you take him.....every daycare charges different
    Anonymous

• It would cost your child a LOT. A child needs his mother---stay home and take care of your baby! He deserves a mother, not a care provider.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Apr. 23, 2009