tmi how soon do your breast start leaking?

im not due until august 19th and this morning i woke up to a wet bra and shirt and my breast are leaking a clear fliud and some yellowish stuff and the hurt so bad is this normal at 25 weeks and if it is what do i do? and yes this is my very first pregnancy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes it is normal. It can happen at all different times for women and can vary from pregnancy to pregnancy. I started leaking right around then myself. You are leaking Colostrum or "pre-milk." Your regular milk will come in after the baby is born. You can't do much about it except wear nursing pads. Discomfort is also normal (except if the breasts become very hot and painful to touch accompanied by a fever).

Don't try to express it (make it come out). If it comes out on its own, that's fine. Purposely expressing it can trigger labor contractions.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 4:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009