Im being induced tomorrow, how long did it take once they induced you for your child to be born?

My doctor told me that it would take a while, im suppose to be there at 630 am he said tell my family not to be there that early so i told my family be there at like 11. how much longer do you think it will take?

MalakiahsMommy

Asked by MalakiahsMommy at 4:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i think you should dealete your question right now...you aren't gonna like some of the answers you may get and it will freak you out!!! just remember it takes awhile for babies to come, they take their time b/c they know it drives us nuts
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It depends on the person. Every labor is different...some women go fast and others are slow.
    Anonymous

• Depend on you and the baby my cusin had to be induced twice, Good Luck!!!
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes, it depends. You'll get there at 6:30, but you have to check in and go through all the bs and get in a room and get changed and have the nurses take all your info, blah blah blah, it will prob be 8:30-9:00 by the time they give you the pitocin. My first baby came about 10 hours after they first started the pitocin and 2nd baby came about 5.5 hours after. And fwiw, both inductions were wonderful experiences for me, I hope yours goes just as well as mine did, good luck!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would tell the family Ill call you when Im making progress.I know your anxious but your really going to make things worse to have them there the entire time.Ask your doctor if you can walk during labor this will help.Induction is USUALLY a long process so be prepared for that.

VABCHMOMMY-Yes your right people can post some scary answers on this topic...I know a few of those myself but rather than to worry this mother to be lets stay possitive and wish her good luck.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 4:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• All 3 of mine were induced. The first took 23 hrs, the second took 8, and the third took 4. I wasn't allowed to walk around because of the pitocin and baby monitoring belt on my belly so it took much longer.
    Anonymous

• It will take quite a while. I know everyone is different, but I was induced and I had to be at the hospital at 7am. My daughter did not make her apperance until 11:11pm [and I was already partially dialated when I arrived at the hospital].
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• With my second son I was induced and it took a little over two hours.I was also already 3 cm dialated before they started. I was in hard labor for only about 30 mintues.
    zackaroosmom

Answer by zackaroosmom at 4:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My sister had her baby 24 hours after being induced. She wasn't in the heavy part of labor that long though. She got my niece out in 4 pushes.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 4:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i walked in the hsopital at 9:00 pm for a scheduled induced and had my dd at 8;05 am the next day.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 5:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009