Does your teen tell you to shut up and that you are an a-hole?

Now, when I was teen I was no day in the park, but I think the worst I said to my parents was that I hated them and then I'd run off to my room and slam the door. But to tell your father to shut up repeatedly and call him names such as a-hole and say things like "you don't do sh*t for me" ? What would your Dh's do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• If my son did that to me, he would have no need for the upcoming oral surgery to remove 4 impacted teeth or to get braces because he would have no teeth. There is NO reason for any child to tell a parent to shut up or to call a parent names. It is disrespectful and your DH needs to put his foot down and punish the child for this. If SS decides not to visit his dad because he is being made to be respectful then it is his loss not your husbands. You husband should stop buying him anything or doing anything for him until he learns to be respectful. If I talked to my parents like that I wouldn't be here talking to you.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• HAHAHA! Something that would probably get him arrested if there were witnesses
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 4:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My Dh would say, "Fine, if I don't do anything for you, pack your crap, but only the stuff that you have bought with your own money since I don't do anything for you, and get the hell out. You need to go do for yourself, like paying bills, buying food and putting a roof over your own head, since I don't do any of those things for you."
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• When I was a teen I wouldn't tell my mom anything bad because she would beat the crap out of me, even if I did call her a b I don't think it's ok for her to throw me through the wall but anyways...The fear I had towards her kept me from saying anything mean and walking over her, so you or your husband needs to put the fear in your child!! My kids are babies but they know when it's a NO it's NO or else it's a pat on the butt. Not saying to beat your child but put that fear there, show them that if they don't listen they may not have anything literaly. For example my DH, he messed up bigtime as a child and when he came home his door was taken off, only 4 pairs of jeans and 7 white shirts in his closet with one pair of shoes on the floor. They gave everything away, his TV, his game console, stereo, dresser...EVERYTHING, get it through to your teen!!
    Anonymous

• If it was my son, he would probably beat the crap out of him. My son KNOWS better than to talk like that and he's only three. I don't think he would DARE talk to him like that EVER! If he talked like that to me, I would literally put soap in his mouth. I don't care how old he is. If he is in MY house, its MY rules. Simple as that. If it was my daughter, I would probably smack her in the mouth. My SO however probably wouldn't do much but take her precious cell phone away.... If/when we have a girl thats going to be HIS baby, like my son is MY baby. That's just how we work. We both LOVE our son but our son is MINE and our girl will be HIS. Kinda like a mommas boy and daddys girl type thing =]
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 4:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Or if he didn't kick him out because of his age...it would be time for our son to do his part around the house, like paying for a 3rd of all bills (I mean he can't watch TV for free anymore and must help with the mortgage, etc), plus all of his clothes and food...to show him just how much his father "doesn't" do anything for him.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• This is my stepson who is 17, his mother hates DH, they've been divorced sheesh, 15 years now at least, and they've always treated DH like crap. Dh takes it because if he does or says anything, he won't ever get to see him. I'm so tired of it!
    Anonymous

• I called my mom a B ONCE. She wasn't big into hitting except when absolutly neccessary & the word came out & next thing I knew she was standing there covering her mouth astonished & my face hurt. she slapped me good. Now it sounds like your between a rock & a hard place. I'd say tell DH to calmly explain all the things he does do & how important his son is to him but that he is 17 & its his choice on where he lives & what he does & although he really loves him & wants him there the son needs to respect him or find somewhere else to live. GL
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 4:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• it would never have happened and them keep their teeth in the same spot; however, my children were pretty mild mannered and didn't give me a lot of grief. I was a single mom and I treated them with the same respect I wanted from them so we got along ok. Not perfect but ok.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• With children there must be consequences. If my child were to speak to anyone like this, she would find herself without a phone, TV and internet. One week the first time, two weeks the second time, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009