If feels like my baby is having a seizure in my stomach, what is that and is it normal?

happyplus3

Asked by happyplus3 at 4:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If it is a shaky type thing, it COULD be hiccups! My whole belly jumped and moved for a LONG time with hiccups- I was SCARED! To be sure talk to a Dr though :)
    jessicasea

Answer by jessicasea at 4:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I know what you mean....and it feels different from hiccups - it's a really fast movement. Honestly I can't tell you exactly what it is, but I can tell you that I feel that same thing now and then (I'm 36 weeks) and everything is ok with me...I guess it's normall, but very strange! I always mean to ask my doctor about it because everytime it happens it makes me nervous too, but I always forget by the time my next appointment rolls around...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 4:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I'm going to guess that it's pretty normal. It happens to me every now and then. It really freaked me out when it happened the first time, cause I actually thought I was imagining it-it didn't last very long and didn't happen again for a couple days. But so far all my appt's haven't shown anything so, yeah, congrats on the baby!!
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 5:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my doctor told me it was the baby practicing breathing. the the diaphram is strenghting the muscles. to ready the lungs for the babies first breaths
    sfewell09

Answer by sfewell09 at 6:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2009