Im Nursing 16 month old Twins and now I have to return to work How can I continue to nurse them?

I would like to continue to nurse my twins even though I have to return to work. How do I keep up my milk supply? Will this affect the twins emotionally? I feel so guilty but I have no choice, I simply need the money. Please help :{

Suned38

Asked by Suned38 at 4:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Pump. Find a nice double electric one and some storage bags. You can freeze breastmilk for a long while.

Your twins may be upset initially but they will eventually understand. I have no doubt it will be hard on you too but just stay strong. Also how often do they nurse now? At 16 months I'm sure they get regular meals so they may not miss the actual breast as much as you think---just the product from it which they'll still have.

Be strong. I know having to go back to work is hard enough on it's own!
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Pump, and store in the fridge or freeze it.
    NicholeAT

Answer by NicholeAT at 4:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You pump, it's not like they need to be on the boob anyways!! Pump it and put it in bottles. They are not emotionally attached to you for your breast, they are attached because your mom, don't feel you need to give them the boob to make them feel secure, but keep pumping breast milk is great for them. Show them affection other ways!!
    Anonymous

• u don't have 2 work, it's a woman's right to stay at home with children.
    Anonymous

• Pump!!! Your children are old enough to not just have breastmilk so you pump and send it with them. They will not be emotionally damaged
    Anonymous

• And Anonymous 4:22....Sure we have the right to stay home with our children but not if we don't have enough money to support them! Sometimes you have to work. It's just life.

And I'm saying this as a SAHM.
    madamekatekate

Answer by madamekatekate at 11:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009