MIL thinks she is the boss! HELP

Trying this again without cussing so it doesnt get deleted LOL.

How do I make my MIL understand that she isnt the boss of my husband and I and that i'm not putting up with her drama anymore! Help! I cant take much more of her and her bad attitude!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Have you tried talking to your husband about it? How does he respond ~ does he own up to it?
    susan6xblessed

Answer by susan6xblessed at 4:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Your hubby has to set boundries w/ her. It may not even work mil are like that a lot. GOOD LUCK sorry I know how you feel.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• That is an issue you need to bring up to your husband, have the apron string cut.
    Anonymous

• Just simply put her in her place. Does she live with you? or you with her? Anyway, she does not have the right to come between you and your DH. Secondly, you have to talk to your DH. He also has to stand up to his Mom and make her respect you. Your his wife, she should respect you and your marriage. You just have to "tell her like it is" in a respectful way.
    Anonymous

• I have been in this same situation for 20 yrs, it hasn't changed. My husband still drops everything when his mother calls and wants something from him...no matter what is going on in our home!! He knows it makes me mad but still does it! Have talked and talked about it, hasn't changed! Good luck !
    Anonymous

• I'd just smile (between clenched teeth) and tell her thank you for your suggestion but we've decided to do things our way.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• She's your husband's mother so it's best to let him handle it. Anything you say or do will be used against you for the rest of your life. If you've already made him aware of how things are, I would not mention it to him again. Instead, let him see and hear things for himself. If she's ragging on you, tell her she will have to tell him herself. Do not allow yourself to be placed in the middle of their stuff. All you have to do is smile and be polite. You don't have to do or say anything else. All you have to do is refer mom to her son, and then let them duke it out.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• www.cafemom.com/group/32665 I highly suggest this group - these women have LOTS of experience dealing w/over bearing control freaks like your MIL.

Talk to your husband TELL HIM how MIL is making you feel. If DH doesn't stand up for you and put her in her place, then you do it. Set some boundaries, stick to them and enforce consequences when she crosses the boundary. If she needs somone/something to control - she can control HERSELF and HER life.

Fooph121780

Answer by Fooph121780 at 5:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Avoid her, either you will just get to stay away from her or she will get the pic and lay off.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You need to have a talk with your husband who should then talk to your mil
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009