Stinky Feet

My 3 year old has some nasty foot odor and he has for some time now. It's REALLY bad when he runs around, and his sneakers smell like hell. I was wondering if there are any good remedies that I can:
1) Use to de-stinkify his sneakers
2) Use on his feet to make them less smelly in general

anna_ny

Asked by anna_ny at 4:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• his feet stink cause they get sweaty. try to find sneakers that have breathable fabric, stay away from leather type material as it just traps the sweat. always make him wear socks, but try to find the thinner athletic type socks. and try putting him in sandles whenever possible. other than that just wash his feet often, and maybe through his shoes through the washer n dryer in a pillow case to get rid of the smell.
    stephmiester87

Answer by stephmiester87 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• theres this stuff called carpet fresh pet oder removal- lol- i know it sounds weird but my hubbys jogging shoes were smelling horrible and i sprayed some of that in them and the smell went right away- as for the smell on his feet maybe get oder eaters spray? or try sprinkling some talcum powder into the shoes so they dont get as sweaty- and i agree with the pp dont let him wear the shoes without socks- that can cause some major stinkage lol
    Anonymous

• Try spinkling arm and hammer baking soda in them, while he is not wearing them and sprinkle just alittle when he is.
    He is probably very hot nature that is why his feet are so sweaty and smelly. Just make sure he has clean socks every day and let him be barefooted around the house just to let his little feet breathe. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 4:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• OMG my 3 yr old sons feet even stink in sandals!Ive heard of baking soda Ive just never tried it myself.
    Chrystal_A

Answer by Chrystal_A at 4:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Hello...My name is Melissa and I have stinky feet. OMG it is like AA for stinky feet...I don't know why I find it embarrassing to say that, but it is.
    Anyway. I have always had stinky feet and my boys do too. I shower everyday, wear clean socks, use foot powder but alas my feet can still make a skunk weep. ;)
    I found that putting Odor Eaters in my kids shoes have helped tremendously. We also all wash our feet before bed and apply a anti fungal spray.
    Also Crocs do not hold odor, the walmart or other brand are not made with he same stuff so they do not repel odor. So we bought Crocs for both of our babies.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 5:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sprinkle a bit of baking soda in his shoes every day; this will absorb the smell and moisture that is causing the bacteria that are causing the odor.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I was going to say try Crocs. They are supposed to be odor-free.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:34 AM on Apr. 22, 2009