If you are or was a partying animal?

When will you know when to stop I mean or atleast slow it down especially if there are kids in your life now. I mean I understand you can celebrate certain occasions but some people want to do this all of the time (alcoholics, I guess). I mean every other weekend or every birthday omg I think this is too much but like I said they love to drink and party which is nothing wrong with that but if it causes to be late or whatever what example are you setting for the kids. (teenagers, in our case)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Stop doing it! Not only will set a good example by doing that, but you will also save money on the alcohol, asprin for the headaches and clothing that might of got ruined because of stupid people you seem to not want to grow up!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 4:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You think going out every other weekend or on your birthdays are too much partying? Really? So what if it's late? If someone responsible is caring for your children what does it matter? I'm not a party person really but if someone is and they still care for their kids what is the problem?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I was a wild animal before I had kids. I literally have not been out since. We have had BBQs at my sisters or something where we have had a couple drinks, but other than that, nadda. My bio mother left me at all the time to go out...not just to drink or anything, but never wanted to spend time with me or be with me at all and I don't want my children to feel like that at all so I am the EXTREME opposite and never leave my kids except when I have to work outside the house one day a week.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Soonmommy of 3,Wow.That's all I can say to you.

But I agree with MamaChamp.If their kids are taken care of,why does it matter?
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 4:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Ok...MamaChamp and nikkij86 read my post again...

In my case THEY ARE TEENAGERS!!!
    Anonymous

• Okay?
    nikkiJ86

Answer by nikkiJ86 at 4:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Are you saying the kids are teens? I only WISH my parents had gone out and had some fun. Maybe they wouldnt be separated today. Its also a good example for parents to show that they can party responsibly, isn't it? They can drink and not drive? They can have a social life AND take care of family?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 4:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My parents never partied and when I was a teenager I did anyways. So just because you quit and never do it doesn't mean your teens won't
    Anonymous

• Well, you can't hide it if you go out all the time. You have to be discreet about it and don't get so drunk you're hungover and try not to drink several in front of them I guess. I don't know, good question. Take taxis and if you are an alcoholic, that is a different issue to have to tackle.
    Anonymous

• As long as parents are being responsible about drinking and partying, I don't see it as a big deal. That would mean NO driving if you will be drinking, having someone watch the kids (teens can watch themselves). My son is almost 13 and has seen me drink on a few occasions, we are at home and I am responsible about it, don't drink too much and do NOT drive. He already knows that if he drinks, he needs to be responsible and if I catch him driving under the influence I will turn him in myself.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009