Is she not ready yet?

My daughter turned 2 in Jan. I tried to get her to use her potty and she won't. when I had the potty in the bathroom and I would go potty she would sit on it and be really interested. So I took the potty into the living room where if she had to go it was right there. Every half hour I would ask her to sit on her potty and she always says no. She dont want anything to do with the potty chair but play with it. Which is ok right now since she hasn't pottyd in it yet lol. So is she just not ready?

tattedmommy22

Asked by tattedmommy22 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Every child is different, my son is going to be 2 and when he poops he takes his diaper off and lays in front of me to change him. So we finally figured out when he poops and my husband will take him to the potty so he can poop in it, sometimes he does sometimes he doesn't. But he will not pee in it, he's still fine with pee on him LOL, so it just depends on the child. There are times where my son will not sit on the potty, he'll poop on the floor, so I think he's still not ready, so maybe your daughter isnt.
    Anonymous

• Mine refused to sit on her potty for longer than 2 seconds until she was 27 months old. Then she was suddenly willing to sit on it.

Try letting her watch some potty training videos - I like Go Potty Go and the Elmo one.
    Try reading her potty training storybooks at story time - not everyday but a couple times a week.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Thanks for the advise..its weird to like Ill ask her if she wants to use the potty and shell say no and like one min. later she pees!! and the second i take my off her see pees go figure lol!
    tattedmommy22

Answer by tattedmommy22 at 11:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009