I had an emergency c-section with my son 19 months ago. I was fully dilated, doctor broke my water and noticed by the color that my baby had went poo inside. His heart rate dropped significantly by the time they rushed me to the OR to try pushing again. We are now planning to have a second baby and would like to have a vbac. Anyone know of any OBGYN that perform VBACs in the Los Angeles Area (I'm in Granada Hills). Please help with any info. Thanks!

I asked my OBGYN if I would be a good VBAC candidate and she said yes. She also offered to deliver my baby VBAC if I choose to. However, based on our conversation she seems to be leaning more towards repeat c-section because of increased uterus rupture. I need an OBGYN who will be there for me 110% and supports my decision to go VBAC.

twoazone812

Asked by twoazone812 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Good for you for not believing the uterine rupture bs. I dont know about your area but I answered for another mom on here yester about this too. Call your local hospitals and ask them for referrals on vbac Dr's. Or if you can afford it, a midwife will be your best bet for a vbac. If you cant afford that ro ute or really do feel more comfy with a Dr, you can at least call a few midwives and see if they have aback up Dr they recomend, most of them (in my area at least) have a vbac backup that is pretty supportive. Or call a doula, and maybe even think of hiring one, they are great and the experienced ones usually keep pretty good track of what Dr's are friendly twords that type of thing, and which hospitals offer the best support. GL, maybe even I-can might have some Dr's referals if you can get ahold of your local chapter.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 5:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sorry cant help with the info but good luck i had a emergency c section with my first and tried vbac for #2 but it didnt work out and they said that #3 had to be a section too good luch
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 9:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009