• In the Spotlight:

New Preamble to the Constitution? What do you think?

I received this in an email. Please continue reading "answers" to get it all.

"We the sensible people of the United States, in an attempt to help everyone get along, restore some semblance of justice, avoid more riots, keep our nation safe, promote positive behavior, and secure the blessings of debt-free liberty to ourselves and our great-great-great-grandchildren, hereby try one more time to ordain and establish some common sense guidelines for the terminally whiny, guilt ridden, delusional, and other liberal bed-wetters. We hold these truths to be self evident: that a whole lot of people are confused by the Bill of Rights and are so dim they require a Bill of NON-Rights."

ARTICLE I: You do not have the right to a new car, big screen TV, or any other form of wealth. More power to you if you can legally acquire them, but no one is guaranteeing anything.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 4:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• ARTICLE II: You do not have the right to never be offended.. This country is based on freedom, and that means freedom for everyone -- not just you! You may leave the room, turn the channel, express a different opinion, etc; but the world is full of idiots, and probably always will be..

ARTICLE III: You do not have the right to be free from harm. If you stick a screwdriver in your eye, learn to be more careful; do not expect the tool manufacturer to make you and all your relatives independently wealthy.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ARTICLE IV: You do not have the right to free food and housing. Americans are the most charitable people to be found, and will gladly help anyone in need, but we are quickly growing weary of subsidizing generation after generation of professional couch potatoes who achieve nothing more than the creation of another generation of professional couch potatoes ...

ARTICLE V: You do not have the right to free health care. That would be nice, but from the looks of public housing, we're just not interested in public health care.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ARTICLE VI: You do not have the right to physically harm other people. If you kidnap, rape, intentionally maim, or kill someone, don't be surprised if the rest of us want to see you fry in the electric chair.

ARTICLE VII: You do not have the right to the possessions of others. If you rob, cheat, or coerce away the goods or services of other citizens, don't be surprised if the rest of us get together and lock you away in a place where you still won't have the right to a big screen color TV or a life of leisure.

yourspecialkid

• ARTICLE VIII: You do not have the right to a job. All of us sure want you to have a job, and will gladly help you along in hard times, but we expect you to take advantage of the opportunities of education and vocational training laid before you to make yourself useful. (AMEN!)

ARTICLE IX: You do not have the right to happiness. Being an American means that you have the right to PURSUE happiness, which by the way, is a lot easier if you are unencumbered by an over abundance of idiotic laws created by those of you who were confused by the Bill of Rights.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• ARTICLE X: This is an English speaking country. We don't care where you are from, English is our language... Learn it or go back to wherever you came from! (Lastly....)

ARTICLE XI: You do not have the right to change our country's history or heritage. This country was founded on the belief in one true God. And yet, you are given the freedom to believe in any religion, any faith, or no faith at all; with no fear of persecution. The phrase IN GOD WE TRUST is part of our heritage and history, and if you are uncomfortable with it, TOUGH!

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• clapping   MY personal opinion!

yourspecialkid

• I would add another:

Article XII

You do not have the right to take away my right to defend myself and my family with any means available to me. Including, but not limited to: any gun I choose, any knife I choose, any spray I choose, any taser/stun gun I choose, any rock or baseball bat I choose, etc...
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I like it, but it doesn't work with the song very well :(

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We spent so much time as a group being politically correct, nobody knows their head from their azz anymore.
    Speak up and be heard, turn the seats in 2010 and...
    DONT PASS THE BLAME WHEN IT DONT GO YOUR WAY.
    conservatives need to take back what we handed over in fear of being offensive, to hell with them, offend them all and don't be afraid.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• NP
    why is it that I can sing all the words to that and I haven't heard it in over 30 years?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 5:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009