So Confused and a little worried

I am due friday and I am only 1 cm dialated and thinned. I still have no idea what a contraction feels like and Im not in any pain what so ever. Is this normal to not have any noticable contractions??
Could I still be dialating??
Could this mean my babys gonna be late or could it all just hit me on night?
Im so confused. Have any of you not had any contractions untill it was time to go to the hospital?
Thanks!
I am cleaning like a mad woman I did hear that could be a sign labor is near.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Is this Misskelle???
    Anonymous

• You'll know a contraction when it hits. Try walking to induce labor. I wish you the best of luck. My contractions woke me from a dead sleep and from that point it was still 21 1/2 hours until I had my son.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 4:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Contractions are serious period cramps with a beginning and an end and a break in between in the beginning. Your labor could just hit in an instant or go on for a few days. Don't panic, it'll happen when it's going to happen. You may be a week late too. Cleaning is a good sign!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I have never noticed a contraction EVER until my water broke. I am having baby number 4. I would say that you just need to stay active - lots of walking. Just because you can't feel them, which is common if you have a high pain tolerance, doesn't mean that you are not having contractions that are doing something. Relax and stay calm. Your baby is on it's way.
    SlapHappi

Answer by SlapHappi at 5:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I didn't feel any contractions until I was induced and they broke my water. Don't worry, the baby is fine and it come out sometime.
    lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 5:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• no misskellie has been contracting and is due wed.

you may not feel contractions til it is time i didnt with my first. and you can be dialting still yes.
    you could go over due . or you could go in to the hospital tonight . noone knows.
    i can tell you with my first i started hard contractions outta no where had them for 4 days befor ei deliverd my son he was late.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009