It hurts his feelings

So my DF and I were having a some what heated disscussion about a few things yesterday, and the subject of me asking him if he is seeing someone else came up, well first let me say that to the best of my knowledge he has never cheated nor given me reason to think so and the only reason I ask is because I do have trust issues, well he told me he doesnt like me asking him that and when I said why because it shouldnt bother you if you arent he said its because it hurts his feeling, now my question is why would it hurt his feelings?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband has also said this. I think it is a matter of their perception of masculine integrity. A loyal man is offended his loyalty could even be called into question. It makes good men feel like they are being compared with cheaters.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 4:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It is a little known fact, but men really do have feelings and they can be hurt. Just as your feelings would be hurt if a man didn't trust you, so his are hurt when you don't trust him. He has told you the truth. Now the question is are you going to honor his feelings in exactly the same way that you want him to honor yours?
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• What if he told you he didn't trust you? Would it hurt your feelings?
    Anonymous

• OP here and I do try very hard to trust him, and actually after he told me that I just told him he needs to give me time even though its been a little over a year I still just cant force myself to trust him 100% yet
    Anonymous

• it took me 3yrs to trust mine and its not 100%
    Anonymous