just curious...

are anyones kids in pageants????and what do you think of them?up in the northeast we really dont have them like down south and i was watching a show.i dont know how i feel. i have 3 beautiful daughters,but then again arent all daughters beautiful???

raineydays377

Asked by raineydays377 at 5:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• No pagents here. I have a hard enough time with all the glitz and glamour of dance recitals! I really think we have little girls growing up too fast. JMO
    lradant

Answer by lradant at 5:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My daugher and I were watching that show together. My 9 yo actually used the B word to describe some of the mothers! I couldn't believe it. But she said, MOM the kids are brats and the moms are Bi8ches. I did NOT find that funny, but she was right.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had two daughters and allowed both to enter one for the experience. Neither one wanted to repeat the experience. however, youngest did get 3rd runner up and Miss Congeniality

Answer by admckenzie at 5:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My daughter would not be one of those cute girly girls...lol. She would not even be in the running for Miss Congeniality, and I'm betting she would have undressed herself before she even made it to the stage.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think it's sick, IMHO. Why would you dress your 4 year old up to look like a 30 year old?
    kirstensmommie

Answer by kirstensmommie at 7:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Their may be like one here in the UK. But i can assure you it gets fuck all recepetion. I think they're sick. They make these little girls look like barbie's even fakers sister. TOO much make-up that no grown woman would wear, spray on tan and vile puffy dresses i wouldn't have a bridemaid wear.

The one thing i have seen all these girls have in common is that half of them hate it and all of their mothers are very overweight.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 8:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think it is a way for parents to live through their children. I would never have my child in a pagent until they are old enough to decide for themselves that it is what they want.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Getting ready to put my dd in one at the end of May its an all natural pagent no make up just a pretty easter dress and hair fixed nice I was approched by the woman thats holding it's mother and she told me to put my dd in so I am
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• and when shes older I'm putting her in the little miss Apple Festival contest (Jackson Ohio)
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 11:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• To me its Child Porn and should be illegal. But thats just my opinon.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009