Have you ever done this?

So today I had some friends call to say they we're driving thru and wanted to drop by the house to say hi. These are a couple of girls I went to college with and really only talk to a couple of times a year anyway. So I tell them to come on and then have to speed clean all the downstairs room. The last thing I'm doing is sweeping the kitchen floor right as the doorbell rings, I look around and can't find my dustpan so being as I'm trying to hurry I just sweep it all under the fridge. I just know my mother would be so ashamed!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL! Hey, you do what you gotta do! I've been know to throw a rug over it or brush it under the fridge, no biggie!!!! I won't tell if you don't! LOL
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 5:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Lmao, sounds like something I would do! Oh well, if your fridge is like most you can just roll it out and clean it up. Like my Mom used to say when we were in a hurry to clean up, "just give it a lick and a promise" lol
    4x4mum

Answer by 4x4mum at 5:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I haven't done it, but I would if I had to! :-) Funny post!
    divakristi

Answer by divakristi at 5:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Whew!!! I once put a hug pile of dishes in the oven to hide them LMAO THEN put a dish towel over the oven handle so you couldn't see inside..... well when people just drop in on you, you're not always prepared.....

OMG 4mum.....my Momma always said the same thing!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Them roaches should have swept it right back out!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 6:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• lol...ok I am always reminded of one Rosanne episode where Dan says "we aren't going for clean, we are going for the illusion of clean!" I try to keep my house fairly clean, but sometimes I only get the "illusion of clean"
    mere417

Answer by mere417 at 6:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• lol no but i have felt like it before :)
    kylesboo

Answer by kylesboo at 6:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yea I've been known to shove the laundry baskets in my room when I haven't got a chance to finish folding! I'm all for the illusion of clean! As long as it's not dirty, a little messy never hurt anyone!
    Anonymous

• LOFL, we were in a hurry the other night and I put my son in the tub and told him to just give it a lick and a promise.
    Anonymous

• LOL!
    environmentalpa

Answer by environmentalpa at 6:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009