Could you go without junk food and TV for one week?

I occasionally watch Wife Swap and I just had to turn it off because I got SO sick of the husband's whining lol! If you signed up to be on the show, you've obviously seen it before. If you've seen it before, you should obviously know that they're going to send you a mom that is the polar opposite of your mom and what your family believes (it's TELEVISION for goodness sakes. Drama=ratings).

The husband is absolutely dumbfounded that the show sent him a wife that doesn't like TV and only eats healthy organic foods (when he and his family eat junk and convinience foods in front of the TV for diner). He is whining about it like a baby. It personally makes me gag to see a little kid eat a hot dog too (because I know what's in them) but to each their own.

So I ask you, could you go ONE week without eating refined/processed/junk/convinience foods and not watching TV or am I wrong for thinking it's not that bad? lol.

NovemberLove

Asked by NovemberLove at 5:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Are you kidding... if I could get the whole family to do it... it would be a breeze... but I tend to want the organic foods way more than the family does. Now television is another thing... I rarely watch it, as in sit down and watch a whole show, but it's always on, for company I guess.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes on the tv issue, our regular tv doesn't work anyway. I don't eat alot of junk food, especially hot dogs, if I buy those, it is usually turkey franks.
    Anonymous

• I could and I have but my dh and ds would never make it. I would however, need the computer.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Also, I think wife swap is such a kick, I 'd love to do that.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 5:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We have gone months without TV and rarely eat junk/convience/processed food.
    though with our change in schedue and places we have to drive, the kids eat Taco Bell almost once a week now. But I don't.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 5:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• P.S I have to say, I'm watching the same Wife Swap right now.... the pageant mom reminds me of my sister - not that she puts her kids through all that, but just her mannerisms - makes me miss my sister.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 5:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes, but I would cry myself to sleep every night.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• We don't eat a whole lot of refined/processed/junk food anyway, so that wouldn't be a problem for us. The TV....well, we are slightly addicted. But it's a rather cheap form of entertainment, compared to the cost of going to the movies or a theme park. We really only watch at night, though. During the day when they aren't at school or doing homework, we are usually outside, unless it's raining. Like today. Ugh. But anyway, we could probably live without TV, but that wouldn't mean that we'd be happy about it. lol
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I could do it, but I don't think either is necessarily *bad*. Dh and I have our regular shows we watch (Office, Scrubs, Psych, Burn Notice, and Leverage) They don't all play at the same season so usually it's 2-3 shows a week we look forward to.

As for junk food I make sure to eat healthy most of the time so I can afford to eat things like chocolate, red vines, and/or hot dogs (I love hot dogs! Particularly the normal ones with the "mixed" meat-they don't gross me out at all). I'm quite healthy and fit regardless of my cravings for candy and hot dogs!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 5:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh yeah, I could do it!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 5:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009