Home owners help regarding termites.

I have flying termites so gross flying around the family rm. There are holes on the bathroom molding. I did fumigation 5 yrs ago and they r back? How often have u treated your home and with what? I wish I would not spend another $2900. what did u spend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• That's probably about what we spent. And we still pay almost $200 a year for rechecks. But the treatment is supposedly good for 10 to 20 years. They put plugs all around the house, and so far... it's been 3 years, so good. If you paid that much, well I guess it depends on where you live, but you'd think your treatment should have been good for many years also. Perhaps getting them treated again won't be so much. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 5:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Are plugs the sticks that go underground with bait?
    Anonymous

• Check the warranty on your last treatment. If you paid that much money, then you should be warranteed for more than 5 years IF it was with a good company.
    Either way, you will need a professional in there quickly to treat your home of the pests and then a professional to replace all damaged wood.
    I'm sorry to hear about this. I hope it doesn't cost you too much more. ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:18 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• We had termites about 3 years ago and it costs us about $2500 to get rid of them, plus another $200/year for follow-up checks. The thing about termites is that you have to kill the whole colony or they'll come back once the colony recovers from the initial treatment. Flying termites means they're breeding and any one of those flyers can start a whole new colony nearby if they find the right conditions. To get rid of our termites, we used the Sentricon Termite Baiting System and it worked really well - when the guy would check the bait traps, you could see the termites dying. Here is video links on the system we used: http://www.sentricon.com/us/video/video.htm
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:27 PM on Apr. 21, 2009