When can I exercise?

I had my DS a lil over 2 weeks ago. Was wondering when it was ok to start doing sit ups and leg lifts? Did not have a c-section or stitches.

lilrie1980

Asked by lilrie1980 at 5:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My dr (at the hospital) told me 6 weeks for anything other then walking. But I had my PPappointment at 4 weeks and they said go for it. I would wait until after your PP appointment just to be sure.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 5:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my dr told me i could walk as soon as i felt like it. i had stiches from episiotimy no c section. i started walking around 10 days after she was born. nothing i would consider cardio, just wanted to get out and get some air in my lungs!! i started cardio about 5 weeks after giving birth. just call ur dr if you dont want to wait until your post visit.
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 8:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would wait for the ok from your Dr for anything other than a nice easy walk.
    GageWsMom

Answer by GageWsMom at 10:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2009