Is there a vitamin very similar to a prenatal?

When I was taking prenatals, my hair was long, shiny, thick. Now it seems everytime I do my hair I have strands in the brush. Just breaking off constantly. I would prefer not to experiment with different brands and have no idea what I'm looking at when it comes to ingredients. Just looking for a suggestion that may work. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Health

• I was told flinstone vitamins are similar.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 6:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• all prenatals provide similar nutrition. they have different formulations that can affect how someone tolerates it. you can buy prenatals OTC, you don't need a prescription.

teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i agree with first poster, my doctor said if you're having trouble swallowing pills, then taking 2 flintstones vitamins would work as well. but if you're hair is "falling" apart now.. it could be for another reason. have you just given birth? i lost a lot of hair after i gave birth & so have many other women. it's very common. and the long luxurious hair is what happens during pregnancy because you don't really lose any hair for those 9 months. (the stagnant period for your hair- they go through a cycle).

just look it up. =) but i believe any multivitamin should work just fine. 2 flintstones (2 because they are intended for children and you are an adult with a bigger body), or centrum, or even women's-1-a-day!
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 6:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I agree... The flinstone Multi-vitiams are for children ( 1 a day)

You can take (2) of them though and It should Be enough
    sunshineNsean

Answer by sunshineNsean at 6:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• try a folic acid suppliment that is basically what is in prenatals that should help
    tired703

Answer by tired703 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I am a distributor for a company that has a liquid vitamin with 150 nutrients. it is great. i have long hair and it has grown since i have been taking them along with my hair looking healthy.let me know if you want some info
    jmcan

Answer by jmcan at 9:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It could have also been part of what was going on just being pregnant. I've known women that, like you had fantastic hair when they were pg, but after the baby, it was back to what they had before. Mine is normally pretty thin and fine, was nice and thick during both of my pregnancies and I wasn't that great at remembering to take my vitamins.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 11:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2009