Some people are computer Illiterate

Me and my mom get into argumental conversations about webcams and other things. She says " i dont know who told you that you dont need to turn on your webcam so you can see me" she keeps saying "The how can you see me if your webcam isnt on" Because, i dont need my damn webcam on so i can see you. I keep explaining to her that i dont have to show her mine in order for me to look at her. Vice versa and she stays quiet and does this sarcastic tone like uh huh your wrong and im right. I told her, i saw you earlier on yahoo and mine wasnt on. so shes like ok.

she does this daily with me. She will send a webcam invite and then shes like i cant see you. OMG

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• LOL That's wild!
    Dayija

Answer by Dayija at 6:35 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• XD my mom does the same thing.. along with other stuff computer-related/cell-phone related.

sometimes i feel like she thinks the wrong number sequence would just make her phone blow up.

i keep telling her the best way to learn is to just click away and see what happens.. but every time a window pops up she gets nervous.. like its a test and the wrong answer could create a virus and destroy all the files on our computer. i don't mind helping out but sometimes it gets tiresome...

i find it more humorous than frustrating...
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 6:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i also kinda understand because.. not very many people over the age of 40-45 can really get electronics, it's just not their thing.. and to all the moms on here that can.. i commend you!
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 6:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My mom is in her late 40's, she looks really young, shes a real estate agent, she can use yahoo messenger, and skype, do flyers, Power point and other things. she just doesnt get other smaller things that is common sense. I mean, why dont people just sit and listen when they give out directions or instructions. its not that hard.
    Anonymous

• I'm 42 and LOVE various electronics. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:05 AM on Apr. 21, 2009