I'm bleeding at 8 weeks, normal?

I'm a first time mom, I'm bleeding and I'm only 8 weeks. Its not quiet as bad as a period but not just spotting. This is the only thing happening. I'm not sick, no fever, and in perfect health.

country_Mama09

Asked by country_Mama09 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how heavy of bleeding? are you cramping?
    honestly if it is more then spotting i personally would go get checked tha tis what happened to me and i miscarried 3 times.
    not saying that is what is going on it could be perfectly normal but id be safe rather then sorry
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Here are a few things to think about:

Have you had sex recently? Sex can make you bleed a bit if the head of the penis strikes the cervix.

Would this be about the same time as your period would usually come?

Have you fallen, dropped anything on, or been in a bouncy, jerky vehicle? A car accident? A really hard jump over a speed bump?

Could you have an ovarian cyst? (They're common.) Did you have fibroids before your pregnancy?

If #3 is true, go to the ER.
    If you know the answer to #4, call your doctor and arrange to be seen tomorrow.
    #2 is another call to be seen at your doctor's office - some women can menstruate right through their pregnancies.
    #1 is probably a good enough reason to call your doctor, but typically the bleeding is just spotting for that.

I'd head in to the emergency room if you're able to saturate a pad.
    rainbowlight

Answer by rainbowlight at 7:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I had spotting with my second for about a week and everything was fine. I just made sure I was eating healthy and I bumped up my calcuim and vitamin C.

My last pregnancy I was bleeding before I knew I was pregnant. I thought it was a light period, but I kept bleeding and it was definitely not spotting like I had before. I did blood test (checking my HCG every month and everything looked ok). My progesterone was low and so I took progesterone. About after a month or longer of bleeding I ended up miscarrying. I could tell when I actually started miscarrying because I started bleeding bright red a lot more regularly and it slowly started increasing....then I started having mild cramping, went to the ER and they confirmed it was a miscarriage. The next day I started passing clots.

I hope you are not. I wouid call the doctor, do test, ultrasound etc. take calcuim/vit C. try false unicorn root, it will help either way.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 7:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i would go get checked ...i started bleeding with my first prengancy i miscarried ,i went to the er and they told me i was having a miscarriage but keep your hopes up! with my second prengancy i bled almost every month with my son and hes perfectly fine...everBODYs different but i would defiantely go get checked <3
    saraface5383

Answer by saraface5383 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009