• In the Spotlight:

How long have you been going to the gym, or working out?

I just got a gym membership last month, and wve been going on and off all month. Just wondering, how long untill you start to feel that energy? I get really exhausted.
How long untill you feel healthier and fit?
What did you first start with? Cardio, ects,

aMbeR012005

Asked by aMbeR012005 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• 2 years to gear up for a vacation. Now I go three or four times a week and always do eliptical for 30 plus minutes, then weight machines. I do pilates on the side. I notice now when I don't work out, how little energy I have. But for you it should be about a month.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• It prob. took me the first 3 months or so b/c I wasn't used to having a regular workout routine. But b/c we didn't have anyone like a trainer to give us tips, show us how to REALLY use the machine to our benefit, and give us a plan, we made stabs at working out and frankly, I can't say it did alot of good for the hubs & myself. I can't say that I enjoyed it then as much as I do now.

We've been members for almost 5 years. Now we have a fabulous gym (not a meat market), good trainers, its clean, has a large indoor pool, cork floor walking track that is on the second floor so that you can enjoy the view of the mountains as you walk, a senior floor (perfect equipment for those that need special machines), lots of classes to choose from everyday.

We go almost every day, with one day off, & more if we have very important activities, or we work in the yard. Somedays I do still feel pooped by the time I walk up the stairs.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 7:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2009