Does anyone's preschooler suck thier tongue?

My daughter is 4 and she like to suck on her tongue while putting her arm near her lips. she has been doing this since birth. Usually she does it when she is tired or relaxed watching tv. It is causing a slight lisp but it may just be because she is 4 and she has a baby lisp. Does anyone else's child do this?

dord

Asked by dord at 7:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I am a pre-k teacher & I have one girl who's 3 and she sucks her tongue during nap time.
    Anonymous

• My daughter will be 3 next month and she does this. She sucks her tongue while sleeping or getting sleepy. She also has a blanket she brings along everywhere with her in the house. It's not allowed to leave the house, and this doesn't bug her. But while doing the tongue sucking she also rubs her blanket with one hand. My husband can't stand that she does it, he thinks there is something wrong. But I think the fact that she sucks her tongue is because she stopped using a Nuk by the age of 6 months. And the rubber he blanket is just a comfort thing. I say don't make too big of a deal about it now, because I don't want her having problems about it when shes older.
    EmilyAnn82

Answer by EmilyAnn82 at 2:31 AM on Apr. 21, 2009