At what age do boys start to shift their focus from toys to games? (I am wondering when to plan the transition from playroom (with a zillion shelves and toyboxes), to gameroom (with a foosball table and dart board, etc.)...)

Asked by DivaMomCC at 4:58 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• From the above 3 answers, I will just assume all children are different (my DS is only 22 months). But maybe you should slowly transition the playroom to a "gameroom" as he starts asking and wanting these types of games. There might come an age that he wants to play with powerrangers one minute, and then go play with a dartboard or foosball table.

Answer by jamie8506 at 5:48 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My 10 year old still is not interested in the above. He'd still much rather play power rangers and super heros.

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 5:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My 6 year old asked for a Foosball table this morning!
    So who knows??? Then he ran and played with some Legos.

Answer by conjuredUp at 5:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• My son started at 2yrs. old he is 5 now. He still continues to play with both. Mario kart on the Wii is his favorite for the moment.

Answer by Wnd2007 at 5:27 PM on Jun. 20, 2008