what can i do

my 5 yr old keeps telling people to smell his butt- he thinks its funny but i really dont know how to get him to stop- ive warned him threatened him and even popped him once- nothings working- he picked it up one day when my sister was babysitting my cousin (who is 6 yrs old) and they came over ( i had to keep my eye on her because everytime i left the room i would come back and find her either on top of one of my boys or straddling their heads) needless to say she will not be coming around my boys anytime soon, i mean cmon theyre 5 and 3 they dont need to be introduced to this stuff- its the exact reason i homeschool- anyways the question is- do any of u have any suggestions on how to get him to stop? he goes as far as to putting his butt into his brothers face and saying it and he even does it in public which is really embarassing- ugh im lost- wut to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• fart in his face n see what he thinks of it
    Anonymous

• This sounds like a good time to start reward charts. Pick 4 or five behaviors (going a whole day without asking anyone to smell his butt; brushing his teeth twice a day; laying out his clothes before he goes to bed; etc.); put them on a chart. At the end of the week, if he has accomplished every task every day, then he gets a reward (we used to stock up on small toys at the fast food restaurants; never bought the food, though). Kids respond so much better to positive reinforcement than they do to negative punishments

Answer by rkoloms at 7:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009