what 's your response to your child after "my tummy hurts"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• The first time she said this I ignored her thinking she just wanted attention. That was until she threw up all over me and the bed.. Not a good night.. The next time she told me I listened and she threw up but I got her to the bathroom.. The third and last time she was in the car and I couldn't pull over fast enough. So in answer to your question, I listen and take precautions now...LOL
    Halsmommy

Answer by Halsmommy at 7:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• honestly, I tell them to try and go poop. it usually helps to send them to the bathroom. my daughter used to have gas pains so i would rub her back.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Tummy ache, tummy ache please go away tummy, ache tummy ache _____________ wants to play tummy ache, tummy ache come back another day. Lol my little song to my kids when they had a tummy ache.
    Anonymous

• My son doesn't say that much, so when he does I pay attention, and keep my eye on him. Also he just had surgery, so may get some discomfort from healing process still.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 7:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Sometimes I say to go try to poop, if that doesnt work I say to lay down and rest.

If they are "making it up" they usually say "oh, it went away" and they are fine. LOL
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i usually ask do u have to poop? if they say no then i ask are they hungry? (sometimes my boys will say their tummy hurts because theyre hungry, i think they mix up pain with growls lol) and if they say no to that thats when i go into the where does it hurt and so on and so forth- then i usually give them a glass of water just incase its dehydration then i tell them to lay down and see how they feel in a few minutes
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• point to what part of the tummy hurts
    does anything else hurt
    temp check
    lay down and rest
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Have you pooped lately and was it hard?
    Point to where it hurts.
    Can you jump up and down?
    If they have something real bad it will hurt when they jump.
    What did you eat today?
    If they eat junk they will have an achy tummy.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I usually tell them to go poop or try to let out the gas. Usually, my kids get belly aches from eating too much junk!
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I ask does it hurt like they're hungry or like they're going to be sick. If they say sick, I ask which end they feel is going to be sick. Depending on the answer, I take the appropriate steps.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009