What do I wear when I go to enroll in college?

All the students looked so comfortable. Hoodies and jeans but yet the paperwork I have so far says to dress "consistently with the type of apparel that would be required to promote professionalism". I am 24. I don't want to be too dressed up but yet...
If I look nice for my enrollment appointment won't they expect that all the time? I am crazy about clothes so of course I am going for more important things yet this is what's on my mind. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If its Harvard I would try harder, otherwise khakis and a pretty top is fine. Don't go overboard, it looks pushy.
    GageWsMom

Answer by GageWsMom at 10:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• wear khakis and a polo.. I really don't think it is a big deal though
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 7:51 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Khakis and a polo or button up shirt. Dress shoes or sandalls.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 7:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• nice jeans with NO holes...nice shirt. t-shirts are comfortable and can be very nice..that ok for college. Your applying for an education, not a job. If you have a leadership scholarship or part of the student council then dress up a little more...but again this is just college. you are here because you want to be hear, its about the greatest gift you are giving yourself...an education. Yes the students are broke and tired so they often show up in sweats or p.j.'s...thats ok, its still about the education...no one cares about the fashion. Trust me! In High school, it was all about the fashion, not anymore...the fashion queens usually dont make it past the first year...three guesses why!
    Anonymous

• i wore jeans and a nice t shirt .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2009