Can she tell him that?

Okay so today my DFs son was sick so he came over here (this was his first time) for about 4 hours until his mom got out of school then she picked him up, well later on today she texted my DF and asked him if his son could come over here for the same amount of time he told her yes but that he would have to be here alone with me for a little while which isnt a big deal he has been around me alot with out any issues and its not like he doesnt know me because he is perfectly comfortable around me, well she told him that she just isnt ready for that yet because she isnt at that point yet, so my question is if my DF get custody and/or visitation will she still have the right to say no because he has to go to work and the kids will be here with me and our son alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• a lot of court orders state automatically "No co-habitation". If the two of you are living together, that "co-habitation". you may be in violation of a court order and can be held in contempt & yes the bio-mom has the right to say that you cant be around her child regardless of the fact your a great person. If you are married however, she (bio-mom) cant dictate as to your involvement with the child, as long as its not detrimental. The parents of the child are the only ones actually able to make decisions for or about the child regardless. Your best bet is to be supportive and stay in the background as much as possible and let the two parents work out the differences regarding the child. It doesnt need to become a three ring circus..believe me it will, if you dont handle it with silence. Love the child, as the child will be confused & dont interfere. the parents will do enough for everyone concerned..so stay out of it. ok?
    Anonymous

• I forgot to add that my DF and I have been together for almost two years so its not like she doesnt know me at all or I am just some fling
    Anonymous

• No. She won't have that right anymore.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 8:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If he has a custody agreement then he gets the child when the order says, she can not control who is around him and who is watching him while in her husbands care unless they can be proven to be unfit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I don't understand your Q... its confusing.... what is a DF? and when you say "she" are you talking about the child's mother? Or is the "she" the DF?

Anonymous

• df means darling fiance, and by she I mean his kids bio mom
    Anonymous

• that's for the clarification on the DF part.... unless she gets the judge to agree to specific conditions in the visitation order that exclude you, then she can't say who her kid is around when the father has him.

Anonymous

• I have no idea what you are asking because you used almost no punctuation and I did not know what all the abbreviations meant.

Sorry you are going through something rough.

asTraySoJouRner

Answer by asTraySoJouRner at 8:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Once custody is worked out that's it. Now if she doesn't agree to it she can stipulate it while working custody out, saying the boy can only be with him, not you since you are not married. If you get married it wouldn't be reasonable to believe that the court would make such a stipulation.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2009