teething or not?

my dd is 7 months and for 2 days now she has had an on/off temp around 100 to 101 and done nothing but whine! not quite cry but almost. and sleep a lot. i know she is teething, but is it normal for a baby to have this much trouble with teething? took her to dr almost a week ago cuz temp was 102 and dr said her ears and throat were fine, prob virus call if temp didn't go away. it did but then it did the low grade thing. anyways sorry it was long just wondering if anyone else has had probs like this. thanks

tatmum

Asked by tatmum at 8:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It can take a baby months to get teeth and its usually really painful for them. They tend to run low grade fevers and always tend to be fussy and a little more tired as they are not sleeping well at night. You can give her tylenol to reduce the fever and keep her dressed lightly so it doesn't go up. My daughter started at 3 months and just got her first 2 and she is 7 months also. Give her a frozen rag to chew on, a cold teething ring, teether biscuits, frozen fruit in the mess holders.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• She is probably just teething really bad. Try orajel and tylenol together and see if that gives her some relief.
    jakeller78

Answer by jakeller78 at 8:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• thanks!! i use oragel, tylenol, motrin, teething tablets, and she will NOT use rings teethers, cold rag... i have tried it all. the only thing she will chew on is her hand or my finger. i guess it is normal though how she is acting... :( i wish i could make her feel better!!! the tylenol and stuff only lasts about 2 hours. thanks !
    tatmum

Answer by tatmum at 8:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• have you tried a frozen waffle? its healthy and cant hurt her. it has a little flavor she may be wanting and is cold enough to help with pain. also what i do is use my fingers. my DD is almost 3 months and her saliva has increased and when she starts her screaming fits i rub her gums with my fingers and let her chew them. it seems to calm her down.
    F43L34

Answer by F43L34 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2009