How about that Iranian dude and his speech at the UN?

Was he right, wrong? Here is the link in case you haven't heard yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090420/ap_on_re_eu/un_un_racism_conference

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 8:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• What I think needs to be remembered is that it is all a matter of perspective. For the displaced Jewish population, they have a right. For the displaced Palestinians, they have a right. But it can't be an all or nothing solution. It needs to be a compromise and I feel that Israel has done more to reach the compromise then it's neighbors. So the speech made by Ahmadinejad is in my opinion extremely one sided and jaded. Especially since he has not hesitated on threatening Israel with extreme force and with the build up of their nuclear program in addition to saying that they can hit Israel with their missiles. This proves to me that he is not doing anyone including Arabs any favors in resolving the stress. It is my perspective that Iran is taking the stance of the racist regime as the comments today show and prove that they are in fact intolerant of the Jewish people.
    jakroberts5

Answer by jakroberts5 at 3:12 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• bad  I am pleased that Obama chose not to attend the meeting to begin with.  Please take note that I said pleased..............see I'm not racist................

I was happy to see so many walk out.  That guy is a jerk.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Oh, I know, he is a hateful, racist idiot himself. But it worries me that brainless fanatics like this may have the kind of power that he has and that, My Friends could be The Armageddon.
    BeaMoore

Answer by BeaMoore at 8:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Israel is a runaway train and the Governments supporting it are just sitting back and doing nothing about how it treats middle eastern people. Is it any wonder that the United States is the poster child for middle eastern hatred. Eight Western nations including the United States were avoiding the entire meeting, fearing it would be dominated by what U.S. President Barack Obama called "hypocritical and counterproductive" antagonism toward the Jewish state.

Anonymous

• I think that he has a point in regards to Israel being a racist nation towards the Palestinians....however, the fact that he also calls for the death of Israel (and the fact that he's done/said other disturbing things) makes me think he's not the best to deliver that message.
    feministmama

Answer by feministmama at 8:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• "Following World War II they resorted to military aggressions to make an entire nation homeless under the pretext of Jewish suffering," Ahmadinejad told the conference, on the day that Jewish communities commemorate the Holocaust. - TRUE "And they sent migrants from Europe, the United States and other parts of the world in order to establish a totally racist government in the occupied Palestine," he said, according to the official translation. - TRUE  "And in fact, in compensation for the dire consequences of racism in Europe, they helped bring to power the most cruel and repressive racist regime in Palestine." - TRUE 

Anonymous

• As usual when people don't like hearing and facing the truth. Ahmadinejad used the platform to speak out because the middle eastern countries are being stifeled from speaking out in any other forum about Israel's oppression and threats.
    Anonymous

• " At one point he appealed for global unity in the fight against racism and then said the United States and Europe helped establish Israel after World War II at the expense of Palestinians. "
    This is true....
    ... and so is this:
    ""They resorted to military aggression to make an entire nation homeless under the pretext of Jewish suffering," he said."
    ..... as is this:
    " During his speech, he accused Israel of being the "most cruel and repressive racist regime" and blamed the U.S. invasion of Iraq on a Zionist conspiracy."
    But whatever, you can think whatever you want.
    Anonymous

• the battle between the Israelites and Palistinians have been going on for years and years and years .... it has nothing to do with race but everything to do with Israel being God's Holy Land. If you read the OT you will see who got what land wise. It has to do with the LAND and that the palistinians want what they think belongs to them. In response to Femininistmama.

Any nation in the middle east wants Israel wiped off the map... its been that way for many years even in the biblical times. God has His hand on Israel and No one can touch it until due time.
    What the Iranian says is true they want it gone.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• You might want to do some historical research on the subject instead of relying solely upon the OT and what God supposedly said. The current situation is always portrayed as being biblically based, but it has more to do with the Zionist movement when the Jews (most of whom are actually only religiously Jewish and not ethnically Jewish) from Europe were basically transported to the newly created "Israel" as refugees. Since that time they have permitted more and more people to immigrate there and have continuously land grabbed and disrespected the Palestinians and their rights. I have nothing against the Jewish peoples, nor do I hold any bad feelings towards the Palestinians or other middle easterners. I have personally known many and have found them to be gracious and caring. I do have a problem with allowing the Israeli Gov. free rein to oppress and infringe upon the rights of the Palestinians.

Anonymous