No teeth?

My dd is seven and a half months now and still no signs of teeth. She chews on everything she can get her hands on, but has since she was two months. So I was wondering if it was normal for her not to have any teeth yet and no signs of teething? When sould I expect teeth?

Liz132

Asked by Liz132 at 8:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Teeth will come soon. My daughter got her first two at about 8 months. And she also started teething early. She's 10 months and still only has those two.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my sisters baby is going to be 9 months in 2 days and has no signs of teeth either. Some babies can go as late as I think 14 months before they get teeth so it is normal for your child not to have any teeth yet and if she is chewing on everything she maybe getting teeth you just may not be able to see them yet.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• If she is chewing on things she is teething, the teeth may not be pushing in the gums yet causing the pain and fever. Some babies don't get teeth until a year or after. They will come when they are ready. Once her gums get swollen and you see white spots you know she will be getting her teeth soon and she will be fussy and have a low fever and probably diarrhea. So she is at the comfortable teething stage and not the painful part.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my neice is 13 months and still has no teeth
    mom-to-be21

Answer by mom-to-be21 at 8:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My oldest didnt get teeth till she was 11 months!
    lvnmygrlz

Answer by lvnmygrlz at 8:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Mine's the exact same age and no signs of teething. I'm surprised because my first had 2 teeth by 5 months and 5 teeth by 7 months... but they're all different. The drooling/chewing isn't a sure sign of teething even though everyone thinks it is. Babies chew on everything as a natural reflex... they're preparing to chew food later on... the drool's because they have very little control over their lips and tongue... No worries... with or without teeth your baby will be able to eat whatever all the others are eating at age appropriate times. Those gums can gnaw like crazy.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 9:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2009