• In the Spotlight:

Can I eat some of my daughter's WIC food?

When my daughter turns 12 month old, her WIC package will change. Instead of getting formula, she will get checks for milk, bread, cheese, beans, cereal, fresh vegetables and juice.

Since she eats basically whatever I eat, does that mean I can eat some of her WIC food too? Or do I now have to prepare separate meals for her? I'm not talking about helping myself to a glass of her milk or juice...I'm talking about the other foods.

** Let me clarify: I'm talking about when I prepare MEALS for the both of us...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• WIC is for you as well. it's to keep you and baby healthy. =)
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 9:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• yeah, if you dont you find you will have a pantry full of wnough ceral to get her though years
    lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• No no no ...bad mommy. Of course you can eat the WIC food, mommy go to eat too. As long as you make sure she gets her share of nutrients and filling.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• got
    diamondmamma

• Yes.... you can share the WIC food
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Yes why wouldn't you? The food is for WOMEN, INFANTS and CHILDREN. Its not like the food has a camera to see if your eating it or not and at 1 years old she's not going to eat 2 lbs of cheese and drink all that milk. Eat and be happy that is what its for.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• What State are you in to get bread and freash vegitable(sp)
    Mamaof2010

Answer by Mamaof2010 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• yup
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 8:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Trust me if you don't eat it here and there you throw it out anyway. Even with the milk. I was giving our son 4 milk cups a day and we still have enough for me to eat a bowl of cereal whenever i get the urge (usually about once to twice a week) and for DH to have a glass here and there with his oreos bc the milk would go bad before DS drank it all. And on our checks we have one check that does 2 gallons of milk and one that does 1 1/2 gallons (the other 2 only have 1 gallon) so I freeze a gallon with those checks as to not waste it.
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 8:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• *sigh*

If you are preparing the foods ....WHAT DO YOU THINK? The WIC police aren't going to bust you for eating the food LOL! And I do believe the checks have your name on them, not hers ..correct? It's to help YOU with your food costs.
    Anonymous