IS LOTS OF FETAL MOVEMENT A SIGN THAT I NEED TO CALL MY DOC? OR THAT LABOR IS NEAR? MY BABYS ALWAYS MOVED A LOT, BUT I FEEL IT SUPER STRONG NOW, AND IT WILL BE HARD TO IGNORE/TOLERATE SOMETIMES RIGHT UNDER MY RIBS! ANYONE ELSE RELATE? ALSO, CAN THIS BE A SIGN THAT THERE IS A CORD ISSUE? :(

IM 37 weeks,
1st time pregnant,
no serious health issues,
lots of questions are concerns!!

MARS1982

Asked by MARS1982 at 8:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sounds normal to me. My dd kicked me and moved around ALL the time. Even while I was delivering her.. the doctor couldn't believe how active she was. Your baby is just very active. Doesn't mean their is something wrong. I would be worried if the baby had lack of movement.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Nope the baby is just taking up all the space it can. They love kicking and moving into your ribs. When the movements decrease you will be close to labor because a baby sleeps more to prepare for the delivery. The baby is big and taking up a ton of room so all the movements from here on out will get stronger. The baby could be laying in an odd position as well causing the movements to be stronger.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• my boys moved a lot depending on what I ate. my youngest didn't move for a whole day and then that night all of a sudden he was like kicking all over and then my water broke...could be a sign..don't think it is a cord issue. always remember, when there is doubt see the doc. that is what he/she is there for
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 8:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• My third one felt like she was a kick-boxer, yes it even hurt sometimes, she was always active. There's nothing to worry about. It's not any bad sign, perfectly normal:)
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 8:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• just means baby is moving around, lack of movement is when you need to worry
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• thanks to all who gave me their great answers about fetal movement!! I was a little scared for a minute there, cause of some horror story I read about cord issues. Thank you, Mars
    MARS1982

Answer by MARS1982 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Baby: GET ME THE F--- OUTTA HERE!!!!!
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 8:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I think you r fine.
    My dd would kick me so hard I couldn't sleep.
    If i snuggled up with my belly against DH she would kick him too.
    psychmama

Answer by psychmama at 9:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I read that as I got closer to my due date the baby's movements wouldn't seem as strong because the baby wouldn't have as much room....YEAH RIGHT. I am 36 1/2 weeks and she moves just as much and it hurts more because she's bigger!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• i think your baby is strong and healthy, congrats!!!
    wesleys_mama

Answer by wesleys_mama at 9:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2009