I am in charge of decorating the classroom for our Teacher's birthday..Ideas

I am coming in to decorate while the kids have lunch for 30 mins so I would like it to be fun, quick and inexpensive... our teacher is mature but very fun and sweet.... help

Lola8107

Asked by Lola8107 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• When is this? What is the budget? A quick idea is an Hawaiian/Beach theme. Put snacks in pails from the dollar store. Buy plastic leis for the kids. Bright streamers and/or balloons. Hawaiian music playing in the background.
    Think beach, flipflops, umbrellas, sand castles,shells, hibiscus flowers etc .If you have time go to oriental trading company.com for inexpensive decorations.
    CelticFaerie

Answer by CelticFaerie at 7:07 PM on Apr. 21, 2009

• Just did this.
    I cut out foam letters to spell Happy Birthday Mrs Schubert (24 letters total)
    I bought foam stickers. Each child decorated a letter (22 in the class). I had two extra letters that I just decorated.
    We went to the school after she left for the day and decorated the door with the letters and balloons. She was surprised when she came in the next morning.
    For a gift we created a gift card tree for her. We had each family bring in a $5 or $10 gift card to one of her favorite restarants/stores. We attached them to one of those "Easter" trees with little clothespins.
    Finally, we brought in posicles the last 30 minutes of the day for the kids to enjoy, gave her the git and sang to her.
    It was a fun day and fairly inexpensive.
    Good luck!
    nicleblanc

Answer by nicleblanc at 4:28 PM on Apr. 22, 2009