Unexplained bleeding in 3rd trimester?

(TMI alert)

Since 26 weeks, I have had three seperate times where I have bled. Every time I have gone to the maternity ward, (per instructions) and every single time they can't figure out what its from. My placenta is high, so there is no previa. No infections, no intercourse before the episodes.

Well, just went to relieve myself and guess what? Yep. Bleeding again. I'm 32 weeks. Baby is moving and a groovin' in there. I am wondering if I should go in again. All 3 times, I've gone in and they've said the same thing. Test for this and that- all came back negative. Baby is moving fine. I'm debating whether I should go in (again, *dread*) or just take a warm bath and wait on it to stop instead of going in for a mandatory 4 hour NST. (I HATE laying on my back, 4 hours feels like torture)

Has anyone had UNEXPLAINED bleeding during their third trimester?

MamaCarterof5

Asked by MamaCarterof5 at 8:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hey Heather, I had the same problem at my last appointment and my midwife checked me and told me my cervix was closed but thinning. She said that sometimes with all pressure "down there" that sometimes you can have a capillary burst and that can cause the bleeding. Everything was fine for me but I know I was pretty freaked out. Maybe it doesn't help that we have a ton of little ones to chase after and no time to rest! Let me know how it turns out:)

mommyandthree

Answer by mommyandthree at 9:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would wait it out until morning to see if it goes away. If not then call your doctor and get an appointment. If your bleeding heavily then yes go and if its spotting then give it time to stop on its own.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 8:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• if it were me i would go again i know its a pain, but id be so scared that the one time i dont go would be the one time i really needed to....
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• I would go just to be on the safe side. Good luck!!! I'm sure it's just another nothing thing though. Praying for good news!!!
    momof5ga

Answer by momof5ga at 9:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• Thanks girlie. Yeah, I think that sounds like a good probability. Its not much- at all. I'm going to wait and make sure that my bh cx dont come with any regularity. I took a warm bath, now I'm relaxing.
    MamaCarterof5

Answer by MamaCarterof5 at 9:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2009

• sorry I can't help you out on this one.... I would probably just give my obgyn a call and get her opinion...and then in the morning -or if I had some pains-then I would go in and get checked out...
    But I agree, I bet everything is just fine...hugs, Luv, Meredith
    Happy-Duckof6

Answer by Happy-Duckof6 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• I had bleeding at 26 weeks, but it was placenta previa, which resolved itself a few weeks later. However, at 30 weeks I started bleeding again and my midwife transferred my care to a perinatoligist-many ultra sounds and NST's later, I was diagnosed as "CAOS"-chronic abruption oligohydramnios...very rare and strange diagnosis. I ended up on hospital bedrest at 31 weeks and had my son at 31 weeks, 3 days, due to "non reassuring fetal heart tones" (like in the 50-60 range-scary!!!) By the time I was on bedrest, my bleeding had stopped, and to this day I wonder if they even really knew what was causing it since my diagnosis was so vague??? I would definitely err on the side of caution with this...I know from experience!!!
    coleygirl

Answer by coleygirl at 12:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2009

• i had a hemmorhage from 9weeks till about 18weeks. I bleed on and off and sometimes heavy bleeding. I wasn't allowed to pick up heavy things or stand for long times. Could be something like that.
    Anonymous